Natural beauty that extends beyond the numbers
Photos by Tom Dempster
South Dakota is a paradox – a place of unparalleled beauty, home to some of nature’s most extraordinary wonders. It feels wild, untouched by the modern world. Yet at the same time, South Dakota is financially savvy, cutting edge and very discreet – offering the most attractive place to establish a trust for your high net worth clients.
This breathtaking photo essay captures the magnificence of South Dakota, along with some up-to-minute facts about trust legislation.
- No corporate income tax, dividends and interest tax or city or local tax
- Trusts with an unlimited duration, allowing for continued creditor and ex-spouse protection for beneficiaries in perpetuity
- No state income tax or capital gains tax
- No judicial foreclosure and creditor attachment on beneficial interests in trusts
- Lowest insurance premium tax of any state – 8 basis points – plus other very favorable insurance legislation
- No state personal property tax, state ad valorem tax or gift or inheritance tax
Tom Dempster is a director at IFAM Capital. He is also a published author and host of the award-winning documentary, “Dakota Heroes.” His photography is displayed in museums, institutions and private collections.